Joint GAMA / ABEC / CSC Luncheon
Date(s) - 26/04/2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
The Winston (Formerly the Elks Club)
TOPIC: Introduction to Structural Glass
PRESENTER: Andrew Crosby, P. Eng., Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd.
The presentation will focus on the use of glass as both a structural material and main component of a building enclosure. Designs using structural glass allow for breathtaking structures and facades which are free of aluminum or steel reinforcement. Key points of the presentation will be:
- Overview of structural glass.
- Discussion on the principles of structural glass.
- Highlight of current structural glass design codes.
- Design process and applications.
- Concluding with a brief discussion of where are we headed.
- on the website by noon Monday (week of the luncheon) – please complete the form including your guest’s names. Registration will close early if the maximum number of attendees is reached.
- $40 for members
- $50 non-members
- vegetarian meals now available upon request – please specify with your online registration.
No walk-in registrations – prepay ONLY on the website.
Bio: Andrew Crosby, P. Eng., Associate, Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd.
With a specialty in structural glass design, Andrew strives to help push the structural glass industry further. He has worked on a wide range of complex glass structures including glass bridges, skylights, stairs, fin walls, cable net walls and innovative feature elements. His portfolio includes the glass observation boxes (The Ledge) at the Sears Tower in Chicago, Calgary Eaton Centre's barrel vault skylight and glass bridge, and Glacier Skywalk in Jasper National Park.
Andrew is also well established at RJC in specialty steel design, complex connections and vibration analysis through his extensive work with contractors. He has worked in a multitude of sectors, including commercial, recreational, healthcare, institutional and residential. He has also been heavily involved in the retail sector working on renovations and expansions across the country including those at Erin Mills Town Centre, Square One, Halifax Shopping Centre and Calgary Eaton Centre.
This Month's Bar Sponsor: ABEC South